(*The previous map included in this post was inaccurate. The revised maps of the bike and running support along the route are at the bottom of this page)
Peninsula Poverty Response, in partnership with Ilwaco Parks and Recreation and SALT Hotel, invite you to participate in the Cape D Triathlon. The course will wind around Black Lake Trails, Cape Disappointment Loop, cranberry bogs, the Port of Ilwaco, and Pacific Ocean overlooks for stunning views.
Enjoy this event while also participating in providing service to others. Peninsula Poverty Response puts on local events advocating for those in need, such as Project Community Connect and Pack2School. PPR also provides resources to people living in poverty year round, provide poverty trainings to the community and partner with local agencies to maximize wrap around support.
Join the event coordinators after the event at SALT Hotel on the Port of Ilwaco for food, refreshments, and awards.
Event details and schedule
- Friday May 17 1:30-3:00pm at the Black Lake Pavilion
- Saturday May 18 7:00-9:30 am at the Black Lake Pavilion
- Saturday May 18 9:30 Athlete’s briefing at the Black Lake Pavilion
- Lake warm-up available 9:40-9:55
- Mass Start at 10 am
- 500 meter Swim (in water start)
- 12 mile Bike including the Cape-D Loop
- 3.3 mile Run (1/2 on the roads of Ilwaco, 1/2 on the trails of Black Lake)
- Registration opens at 7am.
- Coffee and donuts available to participants and families
- Parking is available at New Life Church directly across Hwy 101 from the Transition Area at Black Lake.
What to bring:
- You are responsible for all necessary gear and equipment for the race
- Wetsuits are encouraged (water temp will roughly be 63 degrees)
- Please be sure your bike is in sound mechanical condition
- Hydration and nutrition is the responsibility of each individual
What to Wear:
- As stated above Wetsuits are welcomed and encouraged
- Comfortable bike wear
- Adequate footwear for both road and trail running
- It could be cool and/or wet, please consider this in your apparel decision
Please note that unless under extreme conditions, weather will not cancel this event.