Applications must be received by 5pm, Monday January 3rd 2022.
This individual will operate and maintain the City’s wastewater treatment plant, sewage pump stations and related equipment; ensure compliance with NPDES permit requirements; and perform a variety of laboratory, mechanical and operational functions relative to the assigned area of responsibility.
This facility is staffed 7 days/week. Days and hours for this position will be assigned upon hire but may include weekends and holidays. The position is eligible for a full family benefits package and the Public Employees Retirement System.
Ideal candidates for this position shall have:
- Education equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized training in wastewater treatment plant operations and/or maintenance, or a related field.
- Two years of increasingly responsible experience in the maintenance and operation of a wastewater treatment plant and pumping facility.
- Possessions of a valid driver’s license.
- Possession of a Washington State Group 1 Wastewater Operator Certificate or the ability to obtain one within six months.
- Technology skills including proficiency in MS Office and aptitude to learn new software programs as required for the position.
In addition to the job description requirements, the preferred candidate will possess the following attributes: ability to take initiative and work independently with little direction, good verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated organizational and decision-making skills, and flexibility to work non-standard hours as needed.
Application can be downloaded from the Contact Us page, under Employment.