The Parks & Rec Commission, along with the City of Ilwaco and some generous citizens, worked very hard to design, develop, and fund the City Park Rehabilitation project. It took two years and the result is a beautiful gathering place for families, sporting events, community events, birthday parties, and class reunions.
The park offers brand new playground equipment, a basketball court, baseball/softball diamond, a new restroom building, designated handicapped parking, and a covered picnic shelter with four picnic tables.
We want everybody to be able to enjoy it, so please respect the space and observe the City Park Rules.
City Park Rules
- City Park is closed between dusk and dawn. It is unlawful for persons to be in the park after hours unless by special permission or for a scheduled event (such as “Movies in the Park” during the summer)
- Restroom Hours - The restrooms will be unlocked by City staff during daylight hours
- Although the City may allow signs to be put up advising the public of an event to be held at the park, the City will not "reserve" the use of the park nor prevent the public from using the park, except for maintenance or safety purposes
- No camping or overnight parking
- No mobile vendors
- Pets must be on a leash at all times and pet waste disposed of properly
- No glass containers
- No hunting, discharging of firearms, or fireworks
- No littering or dumping – please haul your garbage out and leave the park in a clean condition for your fellow citizens
- No motorized vehicles
- It is prohibited to have an open fire in the park. Self-contained BBQ’s are allowed in the picnic shelter only, but you are responsible for the safe disposal of the coals and grease off-site
- Be considerate of the neighborhood and don’t use a bullhorn, loudspeaker systems, or any other noisemaking items without specific permission from the City
- Use caution and obey speed limits at all times around the park
Any questions can be directed to Ilwaco City Hall: (360) 642-3145