The City Council functions through the work of several standing committees who gather and study information and make recommendations for consideration by the full council.
Committees of the City Council are comprised of two council members who are appointed by the Mayor. Councilmembers are given the opportunity to select their preferred committees on an annual basis.
- The Utilities/Streets committee includes general oversight of the water, wastewater, and storm water utilities, as well as streets. Matt Lessnau
- The Finance/Planning committee includes monthly review of financial reports and liaison to Planning Commission. Margarita Cullimore & Matt Lessnau
- The Public Safety committee includes general oversight of the Ilwaco Fire Department, emergency medical services, and law enforcement. Dave Cundiff & Matt Lessnau
- The Parks/City Property committee includes liaison to the Parks and Recreation Commission. Dave Cundiff & Jon Quittner
- The Human Resources committee keeps oversight of personnel benefits and policies. Margarita Cullimore & Jon Quittner
- Marketing oversees distribution of Lodging Tax collections. Margarita Cullimore